Monday, September 12, 2005

Frustration

Little progress since my last entry, except that I managed to get down to Southampton one night late last week and get a third coat of varnish and a fourth coat of Dex on, and started to polish the hull, which ended up looking nice but is clearly going to take awhile based on how little I got done in the hour I had to spare.

No-one had started work on the surveyors' recommendations that I left with the yard. Grump.

I had to go overseas at the weekend, so everything is parked until this coming Saturday. I think I'll get some plastic sheeting to put over the companionway, and then at least I could bring the washboards back and get some more coats of varnish on them here at home. Be interesting to see on Saturday if the yard company has started work...