Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Refit: darkest before the dawn?

Arabella was supposed to go into the water on 30 May. The objective was that she would be ready to sail, even if certain cosmetic loose ends remained (she is entered for the Round The Island Race on 23 June).

Anyway. This is what she looked like on 28 May, still ashore with one working day remaining. Not exactly encouraging...












There has been an 'interesting' exchange of views with the yard today... the new handover deadline is 7th June. Which leaves little time for test-sailing prior to the RTI.

This latest hiccup in progress has led me to consider bringing my Secret Refit Weapon into play (a.k.a. Mr G******, our local Colombian handyman up in London). I reckon he'll cost about a third of what the yard does, will be about three times faster, and he can do joinery to die for. More to follow when I have laid my wicked plans...